Genevieve Velarde | Couples Counsellor
|27 Thornfield Road, Heaton Moor
SK4 3LD Stockport
|Send a message|
Relationship Counselling Stockport
My name is Genevieve, I am a friendly, caring and passionate couples counsellor. I am fully qualified and a registered member of the BACP. I have a broad spectrum of experience counselling both couples and individuals, of different ages, from all walks of life.
Maybe you are not completely sure what is wrong? Working with me can help you discover what it is that is making you unhappy so you can get more satisfaction out of your life. I provide a safe, non-judgemental and confidential space where you can explore what has brought you to seek counselling and we can work through your problems together.
My previous experience involved running the counselling service at a FE College, where I counselled both students and staff. I have also worked within NHS primary care dealing with referrals from GPs.
If you are unable to cope and feel that I could help you, please send me a message for an initial FREE telephone consultation. I offer affordable rates and I am based in Stockport. I am easy to access by public transport or by car and there is free car parking available on site.
I welcome clients from all over Stockport, Heaton Moor, Withington, Levenshulme, Didsbury, Cheadle, Reddish, Bredbury and surrounding areas.
Qualifications and registrations
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Certificate in Counselling Concepts
- Youth Mental Health, Helping Young People with Anxiety (University of East Anglia)
- Understanding Depression & Low Mood in Young People (University of Reading)
- Caring for Older People (Deakin University)
- Psychology and Mental Health (University of Liverpool)
- Mindfulness for Wellbeing and Peak Performance (Monash University)
- CBT with Older People (University of East Anglia)
- Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
Relationship therapies offered
- ✓ Couples counselling
- ✓ Couples therapy
- ✓ Marriage counselling
- ✓ Premarital counselling
- ✓ Relationship Counselling
Areas of counselling I can help with
- ✓ Addicted to love
- ✓ Adultery, affair, infidelity
- ✓ Autonomy in relationship
- ✓ Cheating
- ✓ Closed or open relationship
- ✓ Commitment phobia
- ✓ Communication problems
- ✓ Cultural differences
- ✓ Divorce
- ✓ Emotional infidelity
- ✓ Family problems
- ✓ Fear of abandonment
- ✓ I want a relationship
- ✓ Insecure in relationship
- ✓ Intimacy issues
- ✓ Jealousy
- ✓ Love sick
- ✓ Marriage problems
- ✓ Midlife crisis
- ✓ Relationship anxiety
- ✓ Relationship fights
- ✓ Self love
- ✓ Sex addiction
Initial telephone consultation - FREE
Fee per session - £35 - £45 depending on circumstances
My sessions last for 50 minutes. I offer an open-ended service which means that you are not time limited and you can choose when you want the therapy to end. I prefer to book clients in at the same day and time each week so I can guarantee we always have room availability.
Concessions available on request for students/low income earners/ unemployed/benefits/retired citizens.
Availibility (Working hours)
Daytime, evening and weekend appointments available.
- ✓ United Kingdom
- ✓ (Online) Couples counselling
- ✓ Relationship counselling
| Disclaimer | Reviews | Login | Privacy |