Helen Smith | Couples Counsellor
✓ I also offer online therapy
Leave a message and I will contact you as soon as possible.
Relationship Counselling Langport - Somerton
Most of us have experienced times in our lives and relationships when we feel over-whelmed, lost, confused, or just struggling to find a way forward.
My name is Helen, I live locally and have worked alongside people suffering mental ill health for over fifteen years. I realise that skilled talking therapy/counselling is one of the most valuable and lasting ways in making deep seated change; reaching to the very roots of how and why we are.
I am skilled in counselling both couples and individuals with a wide variety of presenting issues including communication problems, infidelity and affairs, jealousy and insecurity, family struggles, infertility and childlessness, marriage problems.
I work with a gentle person-centered approach enabling and equipping you to move forward in a way that feels more manageable and empowering.
I completed my Higher Diploma in Counselling and have gained valuable experience both with Cruse Bereavement and Vine Counselling. As a registered member of The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy I work to an approved ethical framework for quality standards.
I have a comfortable, private and peaceful country practice locally. Counselling sessions are held in The Cabin, which is set amongst the plum trees overlooking nature and is a comforting space at the end of a garden. It has parking nearby and easy safe access. I follow Covid guidelines and the windows will be open. In these challenging times I also offer walking talking therapy too.
If you have any questions about therapy or would like to make an appointment, then I welcome you to send me a message.
I offer counselling via Zoom and Skype, as well as via telephone. Online counselling is proving very effective and perhaps more effective for some people. Please contact me to learn more.
Statement concerning the coronavirus pandemic
In these challenging times I also offer walking talking therapy too.
Qualifications and registrations
- AQA - Higher Diploma in Counselling - 2012
- CRUSE bereavement and Working with Young people in - CRUSE abc - 2013
- Specialist Bereavement training
- Specialist Couples Counselling training [ ongoing ] with the Mary Clegg Clinic
- Diploma in Creative Clinical Supervision at Iron Mill college in Exeter - 2020
- Over 16 years of work with an older person's mental health and the needs of carers and specialising in work in the community.
- Over 6 years experience in Bereavement counselling including Sudden and traumatic death, Loss through Suicide and Complex and Compounded grief which often covers many years/many losses
- British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy - Registered Member
I can offer one to one Supervision to Therapists, Life coaches and those working in mental health and group supervision online. I completed a full training in April 2020 at Iron Mill college in Exeter a Diploma in Creative Clinical Supervision. Please send me a message for more information.
Relationship therapies offered
- ✓ Couples counselling
- ✓ Couples therapy
- ✓ Marriage counselling
- ✓ Online relationship counselling
- ✓ Premarital counselling
- ✓ Relationship Counselling
Areas of counselling I can help with
- ✓ Addicted to love
- ✓ Adultery, affair, infidelity
- ✓ Autonomy in relationship
- ✓ Cheating
- ✓ Closed or open relationship
- ✓ Commitment phobia
- ✓ Communication problems
- ✓ Cultural differences
- ✓ Divorce
- ✓ Emotional infidelity
- ✓ Family problems
- ✓ Fear of abandonment
- ✓ I want a relationship
- ✓ Insecure in relationship
- ✓ Intimacy issues
- ✓ Jealousy
- ✓ Love sick
- ✓ Marriage problems
- ✓ Midlife crisis
- ✓ Relationship anxiety
- ✓ Relationship fights
- ✓ Self love
- ✓ Sex addiction
- Free introductory session via the telephone
- 55.00 per hour for couples
- 35.00 per hour for individuals
Reduced rates for those on low incomes and benefits as well as students in training.
Travel costs at 0.40 per mile.
Availability (Opening hours)
|Monday||8am - 7pm|
|Tuesday||8am - 7pm|
|Wednesday||8am - 7pm|
|Thursday||8am - 7pm|
|Friday||8am - 7pm|
|Saturday||8am - 11am|
- ✓ United Kingdom
- ✓ (Online) Couples counselling
- ✓ Relationship counselling
| Disclaimer | Reviews | Login | Privacy |