Julie Murphy | Couples Counsellor
Leave a message and I will contact you as soon as possible.
Relationship Counselling Wishaw
Welcome, my name is Julie. I am a (couples) counsellor who works in a person-centred way and I aim to understand your world from your viewpoint rather than my interpretation of it which allows me to work with you in the best possible way. I weclome couples and individuals for counselling.
I provide you with a safe, confidential, non-judgemental space to work on what you want when you feel ready. You are in control of what you work on and I will never make you work on anything you are not ready to. I believe this is the best way to meet your needs.
I have extensive experience working with a vast range of relationship issues including affairs and betrayals, communication problems, family issues, marriage issues, pregnancy and birth, relationship issues, separation and divorce and many more.
Counselling can help you get a better understanding of your situation enabling you to move forward. Whatever your needs, we can work together for as long as you feel necessary. I do not set a time limit or a maximum number of sessions.
I can offer sessions online or by telephone.
I use the Doxy.me platform for the online sessions. This is similar to Skype and Zoom but Doxy.me has been designed specifically for online sessions and appointments.
There are a few differences between face to face sessions and online/telephone sessions that we would discuss prior to booking. These are more practical things on your end to consider such as having a good internet connection, can you get total privacy for the duration of the session, have water and tissues to hand.
If you couldn't be sure of total privacy for the duration of your session do you have a car you could sit? Just ensure you are stationary before the session begins and do not connect to your Bluetooth.
You could wear headphones, this would at least stop my end of the conversation being heard accidentally.
If you would prefer telephone sessions we would agree on who calls who before the session begins.
For more information on how I work online or by telephone please get in touch.
Qualifications and registrations
- Jan 2019 - Dec 2020 - CrossReach. Post Qualifying Certificate in Counselling Children & Young People.
- Aug 2010 – May 2011 - Motherwell College. HNC in Counselling.
- Oct 2012 – May 2014 - Strathclyde University. Post Graduate Diploma in Person-Centered Counselling.
Professional & Personal Development Programmes
June 2020 Counselling Tutor – Online and Telephone Counselling, 80 hours.
June 2020 Online Events – A 2 Day Introduction to Working Online with Couples, 2 days/12 hours online course.
April 2020 The Foundation for Infant Loss – The Foundation for Infant Loss Training Course, 2 days, online workshop.
April 2020 PESI - Telehealth for Mental Health Professionals: 2-Day Distance Therapy Training (Digital Seminar).
April 2020 Online Therapy Institute – Moving Your Practice Online, 2 days online course.
April 2020 The OU & The BACP – How to do counselling online: a coronavirus primer, 1 day.
March 2020 ACT Counselling Services – Group Therapy, 1 day workshop.
January 2020 Carolyn Spring - Dealing with Distress: Working with Suicide and Self-Harm, 1 day.
October 2019 North Lanarkshire Council – Impact of Substance use on Children & Young People, 0.5 day workshop.
October 2019 North Lanarkshire Council – Impact of Paternal Substance Misuse During Pregnancy, 0.5 day workshop.
October 2019 North Lanarkshire Council – Child Sexual Exploitation, 1 day workshop.
October 2019 NL CPC - Getting It Right In Child Protection, 3 days training.
September 2019 North Lanarkshire Child Protection Committee (CPC) - The Impact of Paternal Illness on CYP, 1 day workshop.
August 2019 North Lanarkshire Council (NLC) - FGM, Forced Marriage & Honour Based Violence, 0.5 day workshop.
- April 2018 BACP, Julia Samuel – Grief works: Stories of life, death and surviving.
- April 2018 Greenwood Events, Counselling Couples and Families: A Person-Centred Approach with Charles O’Leary 2 day workshop.
- April 2018 BACP, Working with critical incidents. Prepared not scared; are you ready to respond? 1 day workshop.
- November 2017 - Open Secret, Wellbeing Matters. A Conference Exploring Adverse Life Experiences and the Impact on Wellbeing, 1 day conference.
- June 2017 - Scottish Trans Alliance. Clinical Forum, Sex Offender Practitioner, 1 day course.
- August 2016 - Compassion Focused Therapy, 1 day course.
- January 2016 - Child Protection Training, 1 day course.
- November 2015 - Crisis and Aggression Limitation and Management, 4 day course.
- June 2015 - Bluebell PND Service. Understanding Ante/Postnatal Depression/Anxiety, 1 day course.
- March 2015 - Strathclyde University. Non-Directive Play Therapy in Action, 2 day course.
- February 2015 - Ron Coleman, & David Campbell. Reclaiming our lives: Working with Males who have experienced sexual abuse, 1 day course.
- September 2014 - David Murphy. Trauma and the Therapeutic Relationship, 1 day course.
- Jan 2012 - Motherwell College. National Unit in Clinical Psychology, 3 month course.
- Sept 2010 - Motherwell College. Scottish Mental Health First Aid, 1 month course.
- Jan 2010 - Motherwell College Introduction to Counselling, 3 month course.
- ✓ Couples counselling
- ✓ Couples therapy
- ✓ Marriage counselling
- ✓ Premarital counselling
- ✓ Relationship Counselling
Areas of counselling I can help with
- ✓ Addicted to love
- ✓ Adultery, affair, infidelity
- ✓ Autonomy in relationship
- ✓ Cheating
- ✓ Closed or open relationship
- ✓ Commitment phobia
- ✓ Communication problems
- ✓ Cultural differences
- ✓ Divorce
- ✓ Emotional infidelity
- ✓ Family problems
- ✓ Fear of abandonment
- ✓ I want a relationship
- ✓ Insecure in relationship
- ✓ Intimacy issues
- ✓ Jealousy
- ✓ Love sick
- ✓ Marriage problems
- ✓ Midlife crisis
- ✓ Relationship anxiety
- ✓ Relationship fights
- ✓ Self love
Couples are £65 per session and individuals are £45.
Sessions last 50 minutes.
I am a 5-minute walk from the town centre, a 10-minute walk from the train station and if coming by car free parking is available on site.
On entry, there are 2 steps at the front door and my office is based up 1 flight of stairs. If this is a problem for you please let me know and we can arrange an alternative setting.
Availability (Opening hours)
- ✓ United Kingdom
- ✓ (Online) Couples counselling
- ✓ Relationship counselling
| Disclaimer | Privacy | Login |