Amy Fairchild | Couples counsellor
Leave a message and I will contact you as soon as possible.
Relationship Counselling Ilfracombe
My name is Amy, I am a qualified couples counsellor, fully insured and a registered member of the BACP - British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy. My practice is located in Ilfracombe, Devon and within easy reach of Woolacombe, Combe Martin, Braunton, Barnstaple and surrounding areas. I also work online via Zoom and Skype.
You're probably here because things aren't going well right now, they haven't in the past, or you're worried about the future, maybe all three. That's okay - everyone has problems to overcome at some point in their life. In fact, I believe that these times when we struggle are our greatest opportunities for personal growth and enrichment. It can be daunting I know, overwhelming even, but I assure you that I am here to support you, and offer you the security and space to explore your thoughts and feelings.
I'm drawn to understanding you as an individual, what you see, hear and feel, and how you relate to the world around you. Therapy is a journey and you have already made the first step. I will help you travel on, following your directions, whilst gently pointing out the surrounding countryside and alternative routes. Through a combination of curiosity and compassion, I can help you navigate your path towards a brighter future.
Through a tailored approach - different for each individual and couple - we will work through your concerns towards your desired goals. I believe that you have within you, the tools and the knowledge to discover who and how you want to be, and above all, to find an underlying sense of happiness and resilience that will serve you throughout your life.
If you have any questions, want to make an appointment, or would just like to ask me about what I can offer and when I am available, please send me a message.
I work from home in Ilfracombe, Devon, and throughout the UK online via Zoom or Skype, which are free and easy to use apps that I can help you set up. I offer both short and longer-term therapy with sessions typically being 1 hour long at a time to suit you. For online sessions you just need a quiet place where you won't be interrupted or feel overheard, a computer or tablet and WiFi.
Statement concerning the coronavirus pandemic
I am currently seeing some clients face-to-face and taking the necessary precautions regarding COVID19. However, if further restrictions are imposed I will revert to purely online work until they are lifted.
Qualifications and registrations
- Level 4 Diploma in Integrative Counselling. Registered member of BACP 376052.
- Level 1 Gottman Method Couples Counselling 2020.
- Counselling Tutor - Online and Telephone Counselling CPD 80 hours 2020.
- BACP - Online Webcast; Children young people and families certificate of attendance 2020.
- Chiron Clinics -The Invisible Lion and how to teach it CPD 6 hours 2019.
- North Devon Counselling -Using Mindfulness to work effectively with depression, anxiety and trauma CPD 6 hours 2018.
- Caroline Spring - Mental Health and the body; Treating Trauma CPD 6 hours 2019.
- IFS UK - Internal Family Systems Introductory Workshop 2020.
- ✓ Couples counselling
- ✓ Couples therapy
- ✓ Marriage counselling
- ✓ Mediation
- ✓ Online relationship counselling
- ✓ Premarital counselling
- ✓ Relationship Counselling
Areas of counselling I can help with
- ✓ Addicted to love
- ✓ Adultery, affair, infidelity
- ✓ Autonomy in relationship
- ✓ Cheating
- ✓ Closed or open relationship
- ✓ Commitment phobia
- ✓ Communication problems
- ✓ Cultural differences
- ✓ Divorce
- ✓ Emotional infidelity
- ✓ Family problems
- ✓ Fear of abandonment
- ✓ I want a relationship
- ✓ Insecure in relationship
- ✓ Intimacy issues
- ✓ Jealousy
- ✓ Love sick
- ✓ Marriage problems
- ✓ Midlife crisis
- ✓ Relationship anxiety
- ✓ Relationship fights
- ✓ Self love
- ✓ Sex addiction
£40 per individual session and £70 per couple
Availability (Opening hours)
|Monday||9am - 7.30pm|
|Tuesday||9am - 7.30pm|
|Wednesday||9am - 7.30pm|
|Thursday||9am - 7.30pm|
|Friday||9am - 7.30pm|
- ✓ United Kingdom
- ✓ (Online) Couples counselling
- ✓ Relationship counselling
| Disclaimer | Privacy statement | Login |