Ken Barker-Graham | Relationship Counselling
|43 Hammerton Street - Office 9A Hammerton Chambers
BB11 1 LT Burnley
|Send a message|
Leave a message and I will contact you as soon as possible.
Relationship Counselling Burnley
Hi I am Ken, relationship counsellor in Burnley.
Life and relationships at times can be challenging and when we are not feeling ourselves, everyday issues and stresses can easily become unmanageable. We all need support at some point in our lives and I am here to support you and your partner when you feel ready to ask for help.
I have been a counsellor since 2016. As a counsellor I work in an Integrative Person Centred way which means you are the focus of our time together. I will work alongside you both, assisting you to explore the issues of main concern.
I have many years experience in my own practice and also experience in hospices providing pre and post bereaved support to clients around the loss of a loved one. I have also worked at cedar house in Preston and I have gained experience supporting members of the LGBTQI community - whether the issues were associated to their status or not, I understand the different pronouns, identities, terminology and subsections that people associate with and the fears and worries that they may have.
I also support clients presenting with many varied different relationship issues and concerns.
A safe environment
A safe environment in a quiet office building in Burnley.
Long term and short term relationship therapy. Integrating different counselling techniques when needed.
Late night and Saturday Mornings offering great flexibility for those who need it.
In exceptional circumstances, I can also visit you in a safe environment away from my office (for an increased cost).
Now offering Zoom, Team or Skype based counselling.
I offer face to face counselling at my office and also remote counselling via Zoom, Teams or Skype.
Qualifications and registrations
- Couple Counselling (2020)
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Counselling with Brief Interventions (2017)
- Foundation Degree in Counselling with Brief Interventions (2016)
- CPCAB Level 4 Certificate In Working Therapeutically with Children (2019)
- ABC Level 3 Counselling Skills
- ABC Level 2 Counselling Concepts
- NVQ 3 Promoting Independence of Adults with Disabilities.
- British Sign Language Level 2
- Drug Awareness Studies and their Applications
- Mental Health Awareness
- Emergency First Aid at Work
I have an extensive list of continued professional development courses including:
- (Affordable CPD) Sudden and Traumatic Death
- (PODS) Working with Shame
- (Affordable CPD) Sex, Intimacy and Pornography
- (Affordable CPD) Counselling Gender Variations
- (Mind Matters) Stress Control
- (PODS) Dealing with Distress: Working with Self Harm & Suicide
- (PODS) Child Sexual Abuse: Hope for Healing
- (PODS) Working with DID in Clinical Practice
- (BACP) Working Effectively with Trauma in a Healthcare Setting
- (Place2Be) Safeguarding Children
- (BACP) Certificate of Proficiency
- (KAS Counselling) Introduction to Working with Sexual Diversities
- (Accord) Attachment Workshop
- (SOBS) Survivors of Bereavement by Suicide-Group Management Training
- (CNW) Working Therapeutically with Eating Disorders
- (PODS) Trauma and the Body
- (PODS) Disassociation and DID: The Fundamentals
- (PODS) Working with Relational Trauma
- (PODS) Trauma, Disassociation & Recovery
- (PH) Bereavement Awareness
Online Continued Professional Development:
- (Place2Be) Working with Children with SLCN
- (Place2Be) Working with Children with Special Educational Needs
- (Healthcare Training) Mental Capacity Act 2005
- (College of Policing) Channel General Awareness Module [Prevent]
- (HM Government) Awareness of Forced Marriage V2
- (IDAS) Domestic Abuse Basic Awareness
- (Safeguarding e-Academy) Protecting Children from Sexual Exploitation
LGBTQI+ Extensive work with clients pre and post transitioning, coming out and relationships of many different types
Suicide and suicide ideation
Bereavement pre and post bereavement offering support to adjust to your 'new normal'
Couples, navigating the complexities of poor communication, infedelity, ill health, previous relationship experience affecting this etc.
Most common issues I support people with:Communication
Extended Family Issues
- ✓ Couples counselling
- ✓ Couples therapy
- ✓ Marriage counselling
- ✓ Online relationship counselling
- ✓ Relationship Counselling
Areas of counselling I can help with
- ✓ Addicted to love
- ✓ Adultery, affair, infidelity
- ✓ Autonomy in relationship
- ✓ Cheating
- ✓ Closed or open relationship
- ✓ Commitment phobia
- ✓ Communication problems
- ✓ Cultural differences
- ✓ Divorce
- ✓ Emotional infidelity
- ✓ Family problems
- ✓ Fear of abandonment
- ✓ I want a relationship
- ✓ Insecure in relationship
- ✓ Intimacy issues
- ✓ Jealousy
- ✓ Love sick
- ✓ Marriage problems
- ✓ Midlife crisis
- ✓ Relationship anxiety
- ✓ Relationship fights
- ✓ Self love
- Couples £65 Face to face, £60 online
- General Client £50 Face to face, £45 online
- Unemployed, Students and Retired (Over 65) £45 Face to Face, £40 online
- Police, Fire Ambulance and Nurses £45 Face to Face, £40 Online - A further £5 off both for blue light card holders
- Student Counsellors Having counselling as part of their studies £35 Face to face or online £30 per session.
- *Special offer for student counsellors: pay for 10 sessions upfront and pay the price of 9 - total £315 face to face or pay for 10 sessions upfront pay the price of 9 =£270 for online *
Availability (Opening hours)
|Monday||9am - 6pm|
|Tuesday||8.30am - 5pm|
- ✓ United Kingdom
- ✓ (Online) Couples counselling
- ✓ Relationship counselling
| Disclaimer | Privacy | Login |