Ken | Relationship Counselling
Online couples counselling - Zoom, Teams or Skype
✓ I also offer online therapy
Leave a message and I will contact you as soon as possible.
Online couples counselling - Zoom, Teams or Skype
I'm currently unavailable.
Please contact another counsellor on this website.
Hi, I am Ken, I am a qualified couples counsellor. I offer remote counselling via Zoom, Teams or Skype.
Life and relationships at times can be challenging and when we are not feeling ourselves, everyday issues and stresses can easily become unmanageable. We all need support at some point in our lives and I am here to support you and your partner when you feel ready to ask for help.
I have been a counsellor since 2016. As a counsellor I work in an Integrative Person Centred way which means you are the focus of our time together. I will work alongside you both, assisting you to explore the issues of main concern.
I have many years experience in my own practice and also experience in hospices providing pre and post bereaved support to clients around the loss of a loved one. I have also worked at cedar house in Preston and I have gained experience supporting members of the LGBTQI community - whether the issues were associated to their status or not, I understand the different pronouns, identities, terminology and subsections that people associate with and the fears and worries that they may have.
I also support clients presenting with many varied different relationship issues and concerns.
If you would like to know more or book an appointment, please send me a message.
Qualifications and registrations
- Couples Counselling (2020)
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Counselling with Brief Interventions (2017)
- Foundation Degree in Counselling with Brief Interventions (2016)
- CPCAB Level 4 Certificate In Working Therapeutically with Children (2019)
- ABC Level 3 Counselling Skills
- ABC Level 2 Counselling Concepts
- NVQ 3 Promoting Independence of Adults with Disabilities.
- British Sign Language Level 2
- Drug Awareness Studies and their Applications
- Mental Health Awareness
- Emergency First Aid at Work
I have an extensive list of continued professional development courses including:
- (Affordable CPD) Sudden and Traumatic Death
- (PODS) Working with Shame
- (Affordable CPD) Sex, Intimacy and Pornography
- (Affordable CPD) Counselling Gender Variations
- (Mind Matters) Stress Control
- (PODS) Dealing with Distress: Working with Self Harm & Suicide
- (PODS) Child Sexual Abuse: Hope for Healing
- (PODS) Working with DID in Clinical Practice
- (BACP) Working Effectively with Trauma in a Healthcare Setting
- (Place2Be) Safeguarding Children
- (BACP) Certificate of Proficiency
- (KAS Counselling) Introduction to Working with Sexual Diversities
- (Accord) Attachment Workshop
- (SOBS) Survivors of Bereavement by Suicide-Group Management Training
- (CNW) Working Therapeutically with Eating Disorders
- (PODS) Trauma and the Body
- (PODS) Disassociation and DID: The Fundamentals
- (PODS) Working with Relational Trauma
- (PODS) Trauma, Disassociation & Recovery
- (PH) Bereavement Awareness
Online Continued Professional Development:
- (Place2Be) Working with Children with SLCN
- (Place2Be) Working with Children with Special Educational Needs
- (Healthcare Training) Mental Capacity Act 2005
- (College of Policing) Channel General Awareness Module [Prevent]
- (HM Government) Awareness of Forced Marriage V2
- (IDAS) Domestic Abuse Basic Awareness
- (Safeguarding e-Academy) Protecting Children from Sexual Exploitation
- Experience as a bereavement counsellor at two local hospices. Working with family and friends of the deceased and with patience with life limiting illnesses
- Experience as a Children's Counsellor supporting teenagers with their many and varied issues, using creativity to help support our relationship.
- Time spent supporting LGBT clients.
- Co-facilitated a Survivors of Bereavement by Suicide support group helping individuals explore feelings and thoughts about the suicide of a loved one, helping them realise that they are 'not alone' and that they may have questions they never have answers to.
- Plus previously I spent 5 years as a listening volunteer with Samaritans Blackburn
SpecialisationsLGBTQI + (Coming out/ transitioning/family members )
- ✓ Couples counselling
- ✓ Couples therapy
- ✓ Marriage counselling
- ✓ Online relationship counselling
- ✓ Relationship Counselling
Areas of counselling I can help with
- ✓ Addicted to love
- ✓ Adultery, affair, infidelity
- ✓ Autonomy in relationship
- ✓ Cheating
- ✓ Closed or open relationship
- ✓ Commitment phobia
- ✓ Communication problems
- ✓ Cultural differences
- ✓ Divorce
- ✓ Emotional infidelity
- ✓ Family problems
- ✓ Fear of abandonment
- ✓ I want a relationship
- ✓ Insecure in relationship
- ✓ Intimacy issues
- ✓ Jealousy
- ✓ Love sick
- ✓ Marriage problems
- ✓ Midlife crisis
- ✓ Relationship anxiety
- ✓ Relationship fights
- ✓ Self love
- Couples £52
- General Client £38
- Unemployed, Students and Retired (Over 65) £33
- Police, Fire Ambulance and Nurses £33 - A further £5 off both for blue light card holders
- Student Counsellors having counselling as part of their studies £25 (or pay for 10 sessions upfront pay cost of 9 = £225)
Availability (Opening hours)
|Monday||9am - 7pm|
|Tuesday||7.30 am - 7pm|
|Saturday||9am-1pm and 2-4pm (Video only)|
- ✓ United Kingdom
- ✓ (Online) Couples counselling
- ✓ Relationship counselling
| Disclaimer | Privacy | Login |