Lyn Moody | Relate relationship counsellor, sex therapist, supervisor and trainer
Leave a message and I will contact you as soon as possible.
Relationship Counselling Standon
My name is Lyn, I am a very experienced and fully qualified Relate relationship counsellor, sex therapist, supervisor and trainer. I welcome both couples and individuals for counselling in my practice.
My specialist areas include communication difficulties, affairs and infidelity, abuse, and the impact low self-esteem can have on many types of relationships. There might not be a specific issue, and is not unusual for me to hear I still love my partner, but I am no longer ‘in love’ with him/her.
I feel very privileged to have worked with many stages of the couple relationship, from marriage preparation workshops, co-habiting couples, marriages of up to 40 years duration, and running courses for those who have been recently separated or divorced.
Although my expertise is with couples, my relationship work enables me to also work with individuals with issues causing them difficulties within different relationships. i.e. work, family, romantic, friendships and more.
Warmth and respect
I understand that the thought of approaching a counsellor/therapist for the first time can be quite daunting, but I hope that I can allay any anxieties you may have when you email me. My aim is to form a strong therapeutic alliance where you feel it is safe to discuss your issues in an atmosphere of warmth, respect and empathy.
I have many theories to choose from, such as psychodynamic counselling, systemic counselling, cognitive behavioural theory (CBT), transactional analysis, using active techniques etc. Rather than prescribe one to fit all, I like to adapt the work according to your needs and your own preferred learning styles.
I have a discreet, dedicated, counselling room with parking immediately outside. My practice is situated close to the A10/A120 junction in Standon, East Hertfordshire, and within easy reach of Bishop’s Stortford, Buntingford, Ware, Harlow, Stevenage and surrounding areas.
If you would like to make an appointment or learn more, please send me a message.
I offer online sessions using FaceTime or Zoom.
Qualifications and registrations
- RSA Counselling Skills in the Learning Environment 1993-1994
- Relate Couple Counsellor revised certificate 1996-1999
- Relate Life Skills trainer training 2000
- Relate Supervisor training 2003-2004
- Relate Post Graduate Diploma Psychosexual Therapy (PST) 2007-2008
- COSRT Accreditation 2010
- Family Counselling training degree level 2011
- BACP Accreditation 2012
- COSRT Supervisor Accreditation 2013
- Relate register of practitioners no: 11576
- Relate register of Supervisors no: RS/003/Apr06
- COSRT accredited member no: 2250/501
- Institute for Learning no: AC037719
- BACP accredited member no: 717783
- COSRT Accredited Supervisor no: 205
- ✓ Couples counselling
- ✓ Couples therapy
- ✓ Marriage counselling
- ✓ Premarital counselling
- ✓ Relationship Counselling
Areas of counselling I can help with
- ✓ Addicted to love
- ✓ Adultery, affair, infidelity
- ✓ Autonomy in relationship
- ✓ Cheating
- ✓ Closed or open relationship
- ✓ Commitment phobia
- ✓ Communication problems
- ✓ Cultural differences
- ✓ Divorce
- ✓ Emotional infidelity
- ✓ Family problems
- ✓ Fear of abandonment
- ✓ I want a relationship
- ✓ Insecure in relationship
- ✓ Intimacy issues
- ✓ Jealousy
- ✓ Love sick
- ✓ Marriage problems
- ✓ Midlife crisis
- ✓ Relationship anxiety
- ✓ Relationship fights
- ✓ Self love
- ✓ Sex addiction
£60 per session
Monday - Thursday daytime and evenings, Friday morning and the occasional weekend
- ✓ United Kingdom
- ✓ (Online) Couples counselling
- ✓ Relationship counselling
| Disclaimer | Privacy | Login |