Joyce Howitt | Couples Counsellor and Psychotherapist
Leave a message and I will contact you as soon as possible.
Relationship Counselling Newton Abbot
I work with both couples and individuals. I started counselling in 1996 and have worked with couples for 12 of those years. I also have 13 years experience as a supervisor working with experienced and trainee counsellors. I offer both short and long term counselling. My work is bound by the Ethical Framework and Practice of BACP.
In addition to many years experience in private practice I have counselled in a GP practice as well as in various agencies one of which specialised in working with clients who had been bereaved and another with clients who had been abused in childhood or adulthood.
I use an integrative approach in counselling which is based on the needs of the individual, client which means that I use a range of different theoretical approaches including Person Centred, Psychodynamic, Cognitive Behavioural Theory, and Transactional Analysis.
Some of the areas of counselling I work with are: relationship issues, anger management; domestic violence including physical, emotional and verbal abuse, childhood related stress, work related stress, anxiety, low self confidence, low self esteem, OCD, bereavement and loss.
I am based in Newton Abbout but I also see clients in Plymouth and Weston Supermare.
During the current COVID situation I am only counselling and supervising either online by Zoom, or on the telephone.
Statement concerning the coronavirus pandemic
At present I am working online or on the telephone.
Qualifications and registrations
- BACP Registered and Accredited Counsellor and Psychotherapist
- BACP Snr Accredited supervisor
- ACC Registered Accredited Counsellor and Supervisor.
- Associate Member of the Association for Coaching.
- Diploma in Counselling
- Advanced Certificate in Relationship Therapy
- Diploma in Life Coaching
- Diploma in NLP Life Skills Coaching
- Diploma in CBT
- Diploma in NLP
- Diploma in Relational Transactional Analysis
- Certificate in Supervision
- Certificate in Grief and Bereavement counselling in addition to Cruse Bereavement training
- Certificate in Marriage and Family Counselling
I attend regular CPD training and workshops and receive regular Supervision both for my counselling and my Supervision of counsellors.
- ✓ Couples counselling
- ✓ Couples therapy
- ✓ Marriage counselling
- ✓ Online relationship counselling
- ✓ Premarital counselling
- ✓ Relationship Counselling
Areas of counselling I can help with
- ✓ Adultery, affair, infidelity
- ✓ Autonomy in relationship
- ✓ Cheating
- ✓ Commitment phobia
- ✓ Communication problems
- ✓ Emotional infidelity
- ✓ Family problems
- ✓ Fear of abandonment
- ✓ Insecure in relationship
- ✓ Intimacy issues
My fees for 60 mins sessions are:
Couples Counselling £40
Individuals counselling: £30 for the first hour, there after £40
Life Coaching £40.00
Supervision: £35 for an hour; £45 for an hour and a half with concessions for trainee counsellors who are unwaged.
Online or telephone 9.30 – 8.0 pm Mon – Frid , Sat 9.30 – 12.00 and 6.00-8.00
- ✓ United Kingdom
- ✓ (Online) Couples counselling
- ✓ Relationship counselling
| Disclaimer | Privacy | Login |