Carol | Online Couples/Relationships Counsellor
|Send a message|
✓ I also offer online therapy
Leave a message and I will contact you as soon as possible.
Online couples therapy and counselling
I currently have a waiting list of a couple of weeks. If you would like an appointment sooner, please contact one of the other counsellors on this website.
I am an experienced practitioner and a specialist Relationship/Couples counsellor. I can work with couples and individuals from any location via online counselling (using Zoom). Some clients, especially those with small children, find that working online can be more convenient then face to face sessions. If you prefer to access counselling using webcam, then I am happy to offer this service.
Feeling truly valued and understood by your partner inspires confidence, happiness and optimism. If, however, your relationship isn’t working, you feel your partner does not care or has let you down, you can feel huge anger, hurt, loneliness and sadness.
Any number of external pressures can affect the quality of your relationship.You may be considering therapy because you’re in crisis. Perhaps there has been a painful betrayal or loss of trust. You may feel you’re constantly bickering, or you may simply have noticed a gradual loss of connection or intimacy with your partner.
When you’re feeling hurt and disconnected, conversation is needed. Sadly, conversation can easily spiral into old, unhelpful patterns, triggering further upset, fighting and withdrawal. My expertise lies in enabling you to speak and listen to each other with empathy and respect. With my support and intervention you can heal old wounds, rebuild trust and restore or strengthen the bond between you. My goal is to equip you with skills that will make you feel confident about overcoming future difficulties together.
Agreeing to come together to therapy is a significant first step towards improving your relationship. It saddens me that clients sometimes endure many years of increasing unhappiness before coming for therapy, rather than seeking help when problems first occur.
I understand that coming to therapy can be daunting. I will help you feel at ease as quickly as possible. If your partner is reluctant to attend with you, don’t despair. Although it is preferable that you attend together, with the support of a skilled and experienced practitioner, changes made by one partner alone can transform the dynamic between you.
I have many years of experience which began by supporting bereaved people for CRUSE (the bereavement charity). After completing my training in humanistic counselling, I spent a number of years as a counsellor at the University of Portsmouth’s Student Wellbeing Service and the Portsmouth Counselling Service. My work with clients at these services cemented my belief that the quality of our relationships determines our overall happiness and well-being. This motivated me to train with Relate in Relationship Counselling and to go on to specialise in Adult Relationship or Couples Counselling.
It’s important to find the right counsellor for you so I suggest organising an initial phone conversation (without commitment or charge) so that I can answer any initial questions you may have and we can discuss whether I can help.
For more information about my practice or to make an appointment, please contact me.
Qualifications and registrations
- BA Hons English & European Literature – University of Warwick
- Awareness in Bereavement Care Foundation Course
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills – Peter Symonds College
- FdA in Humanistic Counselling (Distinction) Based on Transactional Analysis – Peter Symonds College/Middlesex University – accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Level 5 Diploma in Relationship Counselling – Relate – accredited by the Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body (CPCAB).
I am a registered member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) and adhere to the association’s ethical framework and code of practice. Registration with the BACP demonstrates that I have undergone rigorous training and am continuously expanding my professional learning and expertise in line with the organisation’s guidance on Continuing Professional Development.
Additional CPD includes:
- The Foundation for Infant Loss Accredited Training Course
- Diploma in the Art and Science of Neuro Linguistic Programming
- Working with Anger in Bereavement
- Child Protection & Safeguarding
- Working with Suicide and Suicidal Ideation
- Compassion focused Therapy
- Teaching Clients Mindfulness skills
- Gender awareness and Trans Client Training
- Acceptance and Commitment therapy
- Understanding Addiction and Recovery
- Abuse – What, When & How to Respond
- Attachment as a Therapeutic Modality
- Integrating Attachment and Family Life Cycle Concepts and Theories
- Solution Focused Therapy and Motivational Interviewing
- Working with Shame
- Integrating Evolutionary Psychology & Neuroscience into Practice
- Working with Trauma
- Introduction to Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Mental Health: Awareness
- Depression: A Compassionate Approach
Relationship therapies offered
- ✓ Couples counselling
- ✓ Couples therapy
- ✓ Marriage counselling
- ✓ Online relationship counselling
- ✓ Premarital counselling
- ✓ Relationship Counselling
Areas of counselling I can help with
- ✓ Addicted to love
- ✓ Adultery, affair, infidelity
- ✓ Autonomy in relationship
- ✓ Cheating
- ✓ Closed or open relationship
- ✓ Commitment phobia
- ✓ Communication problems
- ✓ Cultural differences
- ✓ Divorce
- ✓ Emotional infidelity
- ✓ Family problems
- ✓ Fear of abandonment
- ✓ Insecure in relationship
- ✓ Intimacy issues
- ✓ Jealousy
- ✓ Love sick
- ✓ Marriage problems
- ✓ Midlife crisis
- ✓ Relationship anxiety
- ✓ Relationship fights
£65 per 60 minute session
Availability (Opening hours)
|Monday||9am - 9pm|
|Tuesday||9am - 9pm|
|Wednesday||9am - 9pm|
|Thursday||9am - 9pm|
|Friday||9am - 9pm|
- ✓ United Kingdom
- ✓ (Online) Couples counselling
- ✓ Relationship counselling
| Disclaimer | Reviews | Login | Privacy |